Top 5 reasons we love Jen Atkin
Arguably one of the most famous hair stylists of the decade, Jen Atkin’s career has gone from strength to strength. A resident member of the Kardashian – Jenner ‘Glam Squad’, she is the mastermind of some of our favourite red carpet hairstyles on Kendall, Kim and others like Jessica Alba and Chrissy Teigan -Bonus, she is always willing to share her knowledge with the rest of us when it comes to easy and effortless styles.
Always on the lookout for new things to add to our bathroom shelf, we absolutely adore Jen’s new range of products, OUAI (pronounced ‘way’), is the excuse you need to never have a bad hair day again.
There are many reasons why we love Jen, but here are our YCB top 5:
1. If you type ‘Jen Atkin hair’ into Google, the first couple pages are, incredibly, all hair tips. Jen is all about helping people learn how to do their own hair and enabling us to create our own signature style. The OUAI mantra is, “life is hard, looking good should be easy” – Our kind of mantra!
2. Like all of us at YCB, Jen understands the value of hard work! Leaving Utah for LA with just $300 in her pocket, she worked her way up to the empire that she runs today. From touring with Madonna, to being chief hairstylist to the stars, and now her own products, she’s a great role model for any modern business woman.
3. If you are always on the lookout for hair inspiration and feel like you’ve exhausted Pinterest, look no further than Mane Addicts (maneaddicts.com). Another part of her empire, it’s a one-stop shop for all your hair questions with tutorials, advice and inspirational pictures.
4. Anyone who runs with the Kardashian’s knows the value of social media. We love following Jen on Instagram, Snapchat and any other platform where she gives quick tips and more #hairgoals.
5. Obviously anyone who makes an effort to bring their amazing products to the UK will always gain favour with us. Now all of us who have been pining over perfect OUAI-ed hair can know get it for ourselves – Thanks Jen, we are already #OUAIaddicted!