Trend Alert: Asymmetrical cuts
This season, the straight hem just doesn’t cut it anymore. Instead, it’s all about jagged lines, sharp folds and edgy points. Zippers and studs add extra punk-inspired detailing, while a luxe biker jacket or bold-shouldered blazer toughens up your look. Strappy sandals favoured by the street style crowd work best and break up these heavy-duty looks.
Here’s Your Coffee Break’s edit of the best asymmetrical styles out there this summer:
1. Helmut Lang Lamb Skin Asymmetric skirt, £570.36, farfetch.com
Tap into the monochrome trend with this buttery soft leather skirt.
2. New Look Asymmetric Wrap Zip Biker Skirt, £14.99, newlook.com
Update your standard black mini with subtle zip detailing.
3. Eggs A-line skirt, $134.81, farfetch.com
Pretty prints distract from the sharp lines.
4. Johnathon Liang Asymmetrical Skirt, £319, carnetdemode.com
An intricate skirt like this needs only a simple shirt.
5. ASOS Wrap Skirt in Crepe with Zip, £36, asos.com
Who says it needs to be black? A splash of citrus brightens up a summer’s day.
6. O by Kimberly Ovitz Dumi Skirt, 69.87, shopbop.com
Flaunt your figure with a twisted wrap version.
7. All Saints Mini Split Lucille Skirt, £188, allsaints.com
A drop hem a bit too out there for you? Experiment with a sharp split to give a similar effect.
8. Zara Mini Skort, £25.99, zara.com
We’ll be buying one in every colour.
9. Kenzo Eye Printed Nappa Leather Skirt, 742, luisaviaroma.com
Forget the Kenzo tiger, this season it’s all about eyes. A little bit freaky, but majorly cool.
10. Lover Sara Lace Pencil Skirt, £183, matchesfashion.com
Show a hint of a petticoat for a sexy ladylike look.