Trending: White Shoes
It’s long been a debate amongst shoe aficionados: the white pump – tacky or trendy? Well this season, heels are getting white-hot with Diane Kruger, Rose Byrne and Blake Lively already a sartorial step ahead.
So just how do you wear these heavenly pumps (without looking like a runaway bride)? White can be a bit jarring when it comes to our feet, so go for classic pointy-toed styles, similar to your classic nude pair. Pare back the bright white with a monochromatic print or piece. Want to try the street style all-white look? Skip the pump and go for a strappy sandal, fitted skinnies and a casually tucked in tee.
Left as clock-wise:
1) Topshop Gwenda Pointed Court Shoes, £58, topshop.com. You know Kate Middleton would love these.
2) Stella McCartney Valerie Perspex Wedge Shoe, £492, matchesfashion.com. Sports-luxe at its best.
3) Alexander Wang Lovisa Pumps, £484, net-a-porter.com. The snake-embossed leather makes these babies 238% cooler.
4) Whistles Grappelini Stiletto, £155, whistles.co.uk. Show off the detail with a pair of cuffed jeans.
5) B Brian Atwood Michelet Mesh Booties, £332.22, shopbop.com. Kill two trends at once with these white peep toe boots.
6) Jeffrey Campbell Don’t Care, US$119.95, solestruck.com. Dance the night away in steel-capped heels.
7) Asos Hometown Heeled Sandal, £40, asos.com. Stay standing with a block heel – it balances out the fine straps.
8) Kurt Geiger Anais Leather Courts, £65, selfridges.com. Try a mid-heel in a clinical white – the ankle strap actually accentuates the slimmest part of your leg.
9) Casadei Pumps, £500, shoescribe.com. They might not be the most comfortable, but they’ll make one helluva statement.