A Beeston beauty salon has recently received £2,000 from the Broxtowe Borough Council’s Keeping Up Appearances program, which offers financial assistance to businesses that are looking to restore their image, such as replacing doors, windows and guttering.
Unfortunately, not all businesses in the beauty industry are awarded grant aids. Most businesses have to lure in clients with high quality beauty salon equipment and an expansive list of services. Here are some tried and true strategies to give your beauty business a kick-start:
1) Use the right products. Provide products and equipment for all salon and spa services including depilation, deep exfoliation, skincare, rejuvenation, hair styling, etc. High quality beauty products and equipment are essential for a good reputation of your business.
2) Offer the full package. The wider range of services your salon offers, the larger client base you can build. It’s convenient to get all the necessary beauty treatments at the same place.
3) Bond with the client. Mary Brieden, hair styling professional and beauty salon owner, thinks that it’s wise to personalise relationships with clients. Keeping mental records of what dedicated clients want and giving expert advice really helps, the beautician believes.
4) Choose the right location. Mary Brieden knew from the start that she wanted to open her salon downtown because it “helps generate a real business climate”.
5) Allow room to grow. According to Kathryn Simpson, beauty salon owner, if your salon is too small to accommodate all the employees and equipment, it’s essential to expand. Try to do some of the renovation work yourself to save money. Kathryn Simpson admits she and her husband did much of the demolition work and shopped for inexpensive furnishings and accessories themselves.
6) Be creative. Beauty salon owners Tommy and Esther van der Veken got the Business Thinker title at the Most Wanted Awards in London for being “ a very forward-thinking duo with great ideas, taking events and PR seriously and staying true to their amazing brand”. The couple admits that it’s their creative team that helps their salon grow.
Take these expert tips into consideration to develop your beauty business, build a great reputation and attract more clients.
For more info about the Beauty Salon click here!