Hello Coffee Breakers, summer is knocking on the door and with it comes a whole bunch of fun things to do. Flowers are blooming, birds are singing and we are making room for summer dresses and skirts in our closets. You want to stay outside all day and spend as much time as possible in the sun. Well, at least so do I, and especially if you have a cute date. So without further ado, I give you: 25 outdoor date ideas! Read and take notes my friends.
1. If one of you can drive, rent a convertible just for the day and drive around with the wind in your hair!
2. Take a walk. Most cities have free or super-cheap walking tours, which are a fun way to explore together.
3. Get together in a park after work with a bottle of wine and watch the sunset together (and if you have been seeing each other for a while..why not put on some of your favourite songs.)
4. Have a lazy brunch picnic in a beautiful field somewhere. Mini sandwiches are mega cute and champagne makes everything so much more special.
5. Buy a box of chalk and decorate the sidewalks or paths around you.
6. Play a lawn game, like bocce ball or badminton. Competition can be a turn on!
7. Find your nearest carnival or amusement park. Go on all the rides, even if they make you feel sick.
8. Check out your local listings for street fairs near you. Doesn’t even matter what they’re celebrating….a street fair guarantees sun, music, and good food.
9. Have a food-truck scavenger hunt, and eat from a different truck for every meal. Mini tacos for lunch followed by waffles dripping Nutella? Yes, please!
10. Rent bikes and pedal together. Even better if it’s a tandem!
11. Find somewhere to go boating, then paddle out to share some snacks and take adorable pictures.
12. Tour a historical garden or estate, so you can learn something new and see beautiful grounds.
13. If you live near a botanical garden, spend all day inhaling magnificent smells from exotic flowers.
14. Have a silly scavenger hunt and meet back up at a predetermined location.
15. I’ve come to realize that there is always free live music somewhere in the spring and summer…go out and find it!
16. Ask around for restaurants and bars with great patios, and make sure you sit there on your next date.
17. Many parks have outdoor movie screenings. Check your local listings and bundle up with blankets and a thermos of hot toddy, and see what’s on show.
18. Revisit your favorite childhood playground, or find a new one. Swings are always fun!
19. Assemble a kite together and fly it on a breezy day.
20. Go for a night-time swim…even it means you have to break into the nearest pool!
21. Pick a neighborhood or spot neither of you have been to and explore together. You never know what you may find.
22. Borrow a friend’s dog for a day and dog-sit together. Play catch in the park and pretend to be its “parents.” Your friend will probably thank you, too!
23. Check out any weekly flea-markets or car-boot sales together. Teamwork is super helpful when you’re rummaging.
24. Hang out by your nearest body of water all day. Make sure ice cream is involved too.
25. People-watch in a big public square together. Bonus points if there is a fountain!
Have fun in the springtime sun, and make sure to bring along some sunblock! If it’s raining, well, you look cute in your rain boots, right?
Send any questions, stories, or advice to me, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founder and Editor-in-ChiefView all Charlotte Giver posts.